Friday, March 23, 2012

Lights, Camera, No Idea.

This past week was a three day week leading up to a four day break for our "Spring Break".  We get out May 18th so we have a shortened vacation which is fine by me!  I decided to show my sophomores and juniors "La Bamba."  They had never heard of it.  It got me thinking.  My students haven't heard of a lot of movies that defined MY life as well as the lives of my friends.  I started making a list and some of these, well it's pretty sad they might never see them:

-Platoon
-Blue Velvet
-Good Morning Vietnam
-Edward Scissorhands
-The Princess Bride
-The Big Chill
-Fast Times at Ridgemont High
-Terms of Endearment
-Rain Man
-Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
-When Harry Met Sally
-A Fish Called Wanda
-Driving Miss Daisy
-Bull Durham
-Moonstruck
-Pulp Fiction
-Dances with Wolves
-Usual Suspects
-The Big Lebowski
-The English Patient
-Good Will Hunting
-Fight Club
-Philadelphia
-Scent of a Woman
-As Good As it Gets
-Clerks
-What's Eating Gilbert Grape
-Reality Bites
-American Beauty
-Steel Magnolias
-Clueless
-Cruel Intentions
-Beetle Juice
-Heathers
-Cocoon
-The Never Ending Story
-Encino Man
-Benny and Joon
-Trainspotting

I could go on and on.  Anyone have one to add to the list?


1 comment:

  1. The kids have never heard of The Big Lebowski? That is just lame.

    For kindergarten, the new classroom came with a record player and a few vinyl records. It is to show kids what they are. It is a history show.
    I wouldn't wish a cassette tape onto anyone, but some of these things make me nostalgic.

    Also, this made me a little sad.
    http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/106713

    ReplyDelete