Monday, February 7, 2011

And so it starts

My friends tell me I should write my stories about the classroom down.  I kept a running Word document when I taught at an urban all boys catholic school but that was just for documentation for the police (seriously).  I tend to find people who blog about themselves kind of self absorbed, but if I can share with you the reality of our future and make you laugh at the same time...well here goes nothing:


Behold the picture that was drawn of me yesterday:


I had asked my Spanish II class to draw a picture of a "figure" and label the body parts.  Some kids drew Sponge Bob, some drew pictures of animals.  This particular group decided to draw a picture of me....with devil horns, a tail and a pitchfork.  As someone commented on my facebook tonight "At least they drew your cup of coffee into the picture."  

During my other Spanish II class, I had a student in the back corner repeatedly come up and get tissues to blow his nose.  The next hour I found all his tissues ON THE FLOOR right where he seats.  Who does that? Who just throws snotty tissues on the floor for SOMEONE ELSE to clean up?  I was at a loss for words.  That along with "Ms. *** hates everyone in this corner."  Lovely.  




Tomorrow is another day with more stories to tell.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment